Sunday, October 9, 2011

Great Time at the Ringle Harvest Fest - Part 1

I have to start out this post with "thank you Jesus for the great weather!"  It was beautiful in Wisconsin this past week.  We have had all types of weather for our Ringle Harvest Day.  The coldest was 23 (3 years ago) with snow...and then yesterday was above 80 with a sunny, but windy day. 

Our club works hard at putting this event together.  I know alot of people give me the credit for organizing it, however, I couldn't "do what I do" without the support of my family.  Thanks Al, Justine, Anna and help from my 4-H family.  Here are a few pictures of set up


Rueben, Maddie, Rock and Carson helping decorate the town hall.


Monica, Anna (& friend) taking the dumpsters around to different areas.


This job is always the favorite - how many times can you spray paint on the road and not get in trouble?  The kids always love "marking the booths."


Marking booths and putting up flags and signs.


Vendors setting up - I was there at 4:30 a.m. and the first ones to arrive were Ken & Ann Bierhals (booths #19 & 20)  at 5:00 a.m.  It was dark....




Mia, Jeremy and Carrie working and purchasing from with raffle booth.  Taylor was able to get some great donations. 


This was the first year we added live entertainment.   This is R & R Band.  They did a great job and I heard several people comment on how much they enjoyed listening to them. 


A favorite of everyone in attendance - including me - is Kraft's Kuddly Kritters petting zoo.  Alan Kraft does a great job.  You can also hire his zoo to come to your event or party, as long as it isn't the second Saturday in October... :)




Here is my nephew, Josh and his boys, Aaron and Josiah.


Let sleeping pigs lie I guess - I rubbed his belly and he grunted with delight!




Our 4-H food booth - great support from all families!!!  Thanks Stacy for organizing, picking up all the supplies and making the taco meat, Mia (Country Fresh Meats) for the hot beef and the Christiansen families (RC Pavers/Ron Christiansen Trucking) for buns.


Here is a picture of Dave Graefe enjoying one of our club's walking tacos.

Thanks again to all who supported the event.  Blessings from Ringle, WI

Linked to:Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment